- Scheduling client service requests utilizing scheduling software matching unique client needs to associate skills and profiles.
- Liaison and communicate with associates, contracting and external community agencies, clinicians and families.
- Rotating work schedule including weekday, evenings, Saturday/Sunday and weekend overnight on call from home
- Perform other duties as necessary
Qualifications & Experience:
- A completed two-year community college diploma or University degree in a relevant field is an asset
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Effective telephone etiquette with ability to resolve difficult situations and complaints
- Ability to manage large amounts of inbound and outbound calls in a timely manner
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment and embraces change
- Proficiency in word processing and spreadsheet software and good keyboarding skills (50 wpm)
- Knowledge and/or experience in working with children, youth and adults with special needs, behavioural and mental health challenges is an asset but not required
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a wider interdisciplinary team