Child & Youth Worker/Behaviour Specialist – Free Associate RBT trainingAs an Independent Contractor at wm+a you work according to your availability and in your area of interest/skill/expertise! NOTE: Interviews will be held virtually for this position.
wm+acan offer you:
- Flexibility of work: work options based on your availability
- Commitment: 24 hour access to support when needed
- Technical infrastructure: virtual service coordination; online scheduling and CRM system
- Professional development: clinical training opportunities: ABA, OCD, ADHD, ODD, FASD and more!
- Recognized credential: RBT (Registered Behaviour Technician) 40 hour online training available to active associates
- Available mandatory trainings: CPI, SMG and UMAB
- Providing individualized and/or crisis supports to children, youth and adults diagnosed with ASD (autism), Developmental Disability, Mental Health Disorder and/or Dual Diagnosis
- Implementing client specific goals and ISP/BSP; teaching based on principals of ABA and other evidence-based practices
- Work with client in their setting: residential, schools/day programs; hospitals and health care setting; family or independent living home; and the community at large
- Collect, manage and analyze data/ daily documentation relevant to the clients’ specific programs and goals; participate/contribute to case coordination and multi-disciplinary service dialogue.
Qualifications & Experience:
- A minimum of 3 full years of experience with individuals diagnosed with ASD (autism), Mental Health Disorders or Dual Diagnosis
- Must have Community college diploma or university degree in a relevant discipline(CYW, DSW, BA, BST)
- Strong experience working with complex special needs population (with behavioural challenges)
- Ability to work independently following a client BSP; critical thinking and sound decision making ability
- Knowledge of the principles of Applied Behaviour Analysis/data collection is an asset
- Vulnerable Sector Screening required; current VPC accepted within the last 6 months
- Crisis training (CPI, UMAB, SMG) and Valid Standard First Aid and CPR Level C required