Child & Youth Worker/Behaviour Specialist
*RBT 40-hour training available for wm+a associates – Free!As an Independent Contractor with wm+a, you are part of a team committed to providing evidence-based services and making a meaningful difference in the lives of those we support! NOTE: Interviews may be held virtually or onsite.
Child & Youth Worker/Behaviour Specialistwm+a is dedicated to supporting individuals with complex and unique needs. We are looking for dedicated and skilled Child & Youth Workers / Behaviour Specialists with experience and skills to successfully support our clients and community. As part of our wm+a network of Independent Contractors you have an opportunity to coordinate your availability and area of work as it meets your professional objectives and as is aligned with the needs of those we support.
wm+acan offer you:
- Flexibility of work: work options based on your availability and skill sets
- Team commitment: 24-hour access to support when needed
- Technical infrastructure: online scheduling, data and CRM system
- Professional development: clinical training opportunities: ABA, OCD, ADHD, ODD, FASD and more!
- RBT (Registered Behaviour Technician) 40-hour online training content available to active associates via alphabeePRO
- In-house mandatory trainings: CPI, SMG , CPR/FA
- Providing individualized and/or crisis supports to children, youth and adults diagnosed with ASD (autism), Developmental Disability, Mental Health Disorder and/or Dual Diagnosis
- Implementing client specific goals and ISP/BSP; teaching based on principals of ABA and other evidence-based practices
- Work with client in their setting: residential, schools/day programs; hospitals and health care setting; family or independent living home; and the community at large
- Collect, manage and analyze data/daily documentation relevant to the clients’ specific programs and goals; participate/contribute to case coordination and multi-disciplinary service dialogue.
Qualifications & Experience:
- A minimum of 2 full years of strong experience with complex needs population…ASD (autism), Mental Health Disorders or Dual Diagnosis
- Community college diploma or university degree in a relevant discipline (CYW, DSW, BA, BST)
- Ability to work independently following an individualized plan (IEP, BSP)
- Critical thinking and sound decision making ability
- Experience in data collection; knowledge of ABA is an asset
- Vulnerable Sector Screening required; VPC accepted if within the last 6 months
- Crisis training (CPI, SMG) and Valid Standard First Aid and CPR Level C
- Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19